Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Internet censorship is real, and it is here.


This article from Wayne Madsen is given even more credibility because it appears in Global Research.ca, a highly regarded political news site, and a favorite of mine as well. Pay attention to this; it's real.

I've noticed this year, in searching for certain news photos on Google, that there was little to be seen, while I could find more on another photo search program, which strangely ceased functioning for me a few weeks back. I have no idea of why, either. While I have noticed for years now that much news to be found on internet sources had not been appearing in mainline US sources, but now there are some things happening on internet, as explained in this article. The AOL story broke in International Forecaster several weeks ago and it's dealt with here as well.

The numbers of people visiting my website have also fallen lately, too, as mentioned in this article; and I have no explanation for this. Perhaps now I do.

While September drew a lot of people with the Hurricanes Katrina and Rita and the 9/11 anniversary, giving high numbers, and with a corresponding drop in October, there was another significant drop in November, something I cannot explain. It does not lay with the website. Yet, people coming to my website through Google searches for news have also dropped off correspondingly. But yet, Google searches for several photos at my site have brought the same or higher numbers than earlier months, so Google still knows where I am.

Interestingly, it is usually easier to get the same numbers of people to my newer Google Blogger site, which is a lite version of my larger politics weblog, than to my main site which has many, many links. And good links draw search engines as well as people. Yet it no longer makes a difference. Granted, the Blogger site is from Google, but has less to offer. So something is going on.

Oh yeah, see what happens when you click on the following link at the bottom of the article:
www.georgewbush.com

What did you get? Where do you live?

I got http://www.gop.com/, so there was a re-direct for me, coming from outside the US. Did anyone get www.georgewbush.com? I did this twice, the second time in stealth mode, giving no info about my computer from my browser. Same result. So they got the info from my ISP. which is Dutch (now American owned).

I'm curious about that one.

Anyway, I think there is filtering going on on internet. And it's likely to get worse, not better.


Choking the Internet: How much longer will your favorite sites be on line?

Internet censorship. It did not happen overnight but slowly came to America's shores from testing grounds in China and the Middle East.

News reports on CIA prisoner flights and secret prisons are disappearing from Google and other search engines like Alltheweb as fast as they appear. Here now, gone tomorrow is the name of the game. Google is systematically failing to list and link to articles that contain explosive information about the Bush administration, the war in Iraq, Al Qaeda, and U.S. political scandals. But Google is not alone in working closely to stifle Internet discourse. America On Line, Microsoft, Yahoo and others are slowly turning the Internet into an information superhighway dominated by barricades, toll booths, off-ramps that lead to dead ends, choke points, and security checks.

Don't forget to click www.georgewbush.com at the bottom of the article.

Read on ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home